Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Postcards From The Past - A Card from Ponyboy to Johnny


Dear Johnny

It's been 15 years since you died and I still miss you everyday. I'll never forget the words you spoke to me - "stay gold, Ponyboy". I hope that the way I've lived my life would be considered gold in your eyes. I hope that I've made you proud. After you died things got bad but they eventually got better. I finished school. I went to college and I never stopped writing. My brothers are okay too.

Things are going well for me now. I only wish you were around to see it. I own a little book store on the corner. One of my books got published a few years ago. I dedicated it to you.

Love 

Ponyboy

Written by Maryam Ahmed from Pulling Together as part of the Postcards from the Past project. Inspired by the novel "The Outsiders" by S E Hinton.

No comments: